Fundraising Champion Social Media Guide
You can use these sample social media posts to get the word out to your social networks! You can copy and paste or get creative - just make sure to always include your fundraising page link in all of your posts.
- [ORGANIZATION NAME] is participating in #iGiveCatholic, a 24-hour giving movement, on Nov 29! Join me in supporting [ORGANIZATION NAME] to [OBJECTIVE]. As a fundraising champion for [ORGANIZATION NAME], I have my own fundraising page, so check out this link to donate to my personal fundraiser during #iGiveCatholic: [FUNDRAISING PAGE LINK]
- #iGiveCatholic is in less than X days away! My goal is to raise $X for [ORGANIZATION NAME], but I need YOUR help to get here. Make a long lasting contribution here: [FUNDRAISING PAGE LINK]
- TODAY IS THE DAY! I need your help in supporting [ORGANIZATION NAME] so they can continue to help [THOSE SERVED BY ORGANIZATION]. I am fundraising for [ORGANIZATION NAME] because [IMPACT ORGANIZATION HAS HAD ON YOU]. Please consider making a contribution to my fundraising page here: [LINK TO FUNDRAISING PAGE]. Your gift will make a huge impact on [THOSE SERVED BY ORGANIZATION]!
- [ORGANIZATION NAME] needs YOU! Join me in supporting their mission to [ORGANIZATION INITIATIVE, briefly]!: [FUNDRAISING PAGE LINK]
- I am fundraising for [ORGANIZATION NAME] during #iGiveCatholic on Nov 29! Check out my page here [FUNDRAISING PAGE LINK] to donate and share!
- Thank you to the donors and supporters that have helped me reach X% of my goal! Help me get to 100% organization: [FUNDRAISING PAGE LINK]
- Use your own personal photos to show your support and tell your story, and make sure to use #hashtags in your post!
- Insert the link to your fundraising page in your bio, that way your supporters will be able to navigate to your fundraising page right from Instagram!
Tips & Ideas for Fundraising
Social Media Challenge: Use social media as a way to interact with others close to the cause and to promote your fundraising efforts. Encourage your friends to share your fundraising page - maybe offer to make a $5 donation in the name of anyone who shares your page or their own story (A great way to encourage participation if you were already going to make some donations).
Hashtag Challenges: Hashtags are a great way to engage with your network! Use the any hashtags associated with the organization you’re fundraising for to promote their positive impact and to share reasons why being a fundraising champion is important to you.
- organization: Expand the reach of your fundraising page by inserting yourself into the organization conversation! Your posts will be searchable by anyone looking to be involved in the statewide giving celebration
Utilize the suite of social share image on the #iGiveCatholic website to make your fundraising posts stand out on social media.
Graphics & DownloadsView
You can also enhance your own personal photos using free online editing resources like Canva. Personalized graphics will highlight your story to make a greater impact when reaching out to friends and family through email and social media. And including the link to your fundraising page, the organization's name, and the #iGiveCatholic hashtag on your image will make the graphic an even more powerful tool for fundraising!